Mortgage Delinquency

Mortgage Delinquency & Default Resolution service offers free and confidential counseling for homeowners who are facing financial trouble and avoid foreclosure. Our HUD-certified counselors are reputable professionals that will work to provide accurate and unbiased information to help you identify the best strategy to preserve homeownership when possible.

According to recent studies, homeowners working with HUD-approved counselors are more likely to obtain a positive outcome from their Lender.

How it works:

1. Complete and submit the Mortgage Delinquency Intake Application
and submit it along with copies of ALL the required documentation. Be sure to include your loan number in upper right hand of all pages submitted with your application package. The package can be delivered by mail, certified mail or courier. NO FAXES.

2. Once the application is submitted, a program assistant confirms that all required documents are received. The file is then assigned to a foreclosure prevention counselor. Your counselor will contact you to arrange an appointment to review your documents, and prepare to negotiate with your lender. Client appointments are scheduled according to the severity of their situation, then by in-take date (for example, homeowners who have a Trustee Sale Date scheduled are seen BEFORE a homeowner who is not delinquent). All other considerations being equal, clients are seen in the order their application is received.

3. To help increase the probability of a successful outcome, we suggest you follow the proven tips and instructions provided by your counselor. Once you have made all the recommended adjustments, your counselor will submit your package directly to your Lender.
Your lender will work directly with you on finding the best solution for your situation. However, your counselor will be with you every step of the way, helping you understand the Lender’s position, and helping you makes a quality decision that is in your best interest.

Furthermore, this is WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:

Call your Congressperson, your Senators, and the White House and tell them that “The HUD housing counseling program is the ONLY federal program that provides explicit support to homeowners facing foreclosure. Let them know that your lender has not been responsive to your request for a loan modification–after they received their bailout with taxpayers’ money.”


House of Representatives: 1-800-962-3524 ask for your Representative

Senate: 1-800-962-3524 ask for both your Senators

White House: 1-202-456-1414 ask for the Comment Line


Find your Representative online here

Richmond Neighborhood Housing Services, Inc. (510) 237-6459